Saturday, September 25, 2010

How do you say, "I'm NOT a Peeping-Tom" in Italian?





The windows here are works of art. Every town we visit, every corner we turn, there is another spectacular pair of shutters or flower box or stunning lace curtain. I'm not trying to peek inside...honest!!!

3 comments:

  1. Shutters, tile roofs, and lace curtains equate with charm - not sure why, but it seems to be true.
    To this day I look at small strip shopping centers and wonder why they throw huge sums of money into redecorating, when most of their efforts are in vain. Clean up, take the tacky signs down, put up a few shutters, hang a few flower baskets and put out some planters, and it would at least looked cared for and inviting, besides costing a lot less.
    These pictures are calling to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Linda, I guess we do! I have a huge file of window fotos...each one prettier than the next.

    Mya- you're so right! even the shutters that haven't been painted in decades are charming...and roof tiles are a topic for a totally new post!

    ReplyDelete